Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
trackback

[…] wouldn’t have bothered but Tom Barrett started it!  I moved into a new room this week, here are photos of my old and new […]

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment’s server IP (72.34.62.40) doesn’t match the comment’s URL host IP () and so is spam.

J.D. Williams
8 years 10 months ago
@Matthew James – I have my classroom set into groups (4-5 desks per group) and I have a pencil box at each group. In it is: roll of tape, glue stick, 2 pencils, 2 pens, pack of colored pencils, 2 dry erase markers and 2 small dry erase erasers. Under each desk I have a page that is blank on one side and has graph paper on the other side laminated together. Students use the dry erase markers on them. There are less of everything in the box than there are students in the group for a reason; so they… Read more »
suzievesper
8 years 10 months ago

Great looking room. It really takes me back to the four and a half years I spent teaching in the UK. Things look a little different in NZ schools in terms of the actual building. Our classrooms tend to be single level with wooden verandas out front. It looks as if you have set up a bright and vibrant space. I’m sure the kids will enjoy it.

matthew james
matthew james
8 years 10 months ago

I’m a big fan of groups – and have recently rearranged my own classroom to put my ‘mat area’ in front of the IWB. Trying to solve the continual problem of missing pencils and textas – interested in what you have the trays on the each of the groups?

Mr Mackenzie
8 years 10 months ago

Too embarrassed by state of my current room to post a picture but I move into a new one next week and will be happy to show it off, even if it does look like an enormous MFI kitchen!
I am always amazed by the way primary classrooms manage to look colourful and welcoming. We are definitely in need of a makeover in secondary.

Corinne
8 years 10 months ago

Wow, very cheerful classroom! It looks very warm, friendly, and sociable. Looks like an inviting classroom!

tbarrett
8 years 10 months ago
Thanks for all the comments great to hear your thoughts – hope you all have a good start too. Maybe you could share pics of your classroom. @Doug cavernous yes – I removed loads of furniture so there is plenty of space strange how the image doesn’t convey the room we have. IWB is standard SMARTBd 560. @John S – displays! Not even started term yet, they will come and I will post when we have them up again – you’ll see 😉 Funnily enough we had a display about our research work with Google Docs last year and Voicethread.… Read more »
Elaine Talbert
8 years 10 months ago

Colour, light, group tables, literacy tips and much more. Looks like a quality learning environment.
All the best for a wonderfully productive year. Elaine

John Sutton
8 years 10 months ago

I feel the display is a bit lacking – obviously too much playing with Google Apps! 😉 Seriously tidy, though!

mrwilliams
8 years 10 months ago

Looks great. You should check out http://photosynth.net and make one of your classroom. Would be great for a virtual “meet the teacher” night. I was thinking about making one of my classroom, but I need to put more stuff up on the walls. We’re only in our 5th week of school, so I have time 😉

suha Tamim
suha Tamim

Hi Tom,

I love the colors and the arrangement.

Doug Belshaw
Doug Belshaw
8 years 10 months ago

Looks great! Surprised by how small your IWB is, though – or is the room just cavernous?!

murcha
8 years 10 months ago

Looks like you are all set for a new school year. What a wonderful, colourful environment for the students to work in. All the best for the days and weeks ahead.

Robert Jones

Looks cosy.

Isn’t it supposed to have children in it though? 😉

wpDiscuz