The Curriculum Catalyst is about the online education community coming together to produce practical resources that we can all use to support curriculum development.
At the end of last weekend the Catalyst had over 280 topic ideas for the curriculum and over 70 people had voted more that 3000 times for a top topic. It turned out to be SEALIFE and since then I have created an open Google Document to collate our ideas for the topic. (Stage 2)
The document already has over 50 crowd-sourced sealife ideas (thanks for your help so far) for teaching and learning including:
- Subject specific lesson activities
- Books to support the Sealife topic
- Web based resources
- Details of the Ocean layer in Google Earth
- Nintendo Wii games that can be used
- Possibilities for places to visit in the UK
- DVD titles
I hope that it proves useful in sparking some ideas for you and your staff. Please consider adding a short idea to the document to continue developing it. Don’t forget to just explore the 280+ topic ideas themselves (and vote), maybe there is something there you haven’t thought of.
After a week, so this Sunday, I will repeat the process for the next highest voted topic and create a new ideas document to work on. Currently “Imaginary Creatures” is in the lead. All of the weekly docs will be linked from my blog’s Curriculum Catalyst page.
Latest posts by Tom Barrett (see all)
- Escaping old ideas and the bias that erodes your creative culture - August 23, 2016
- Name Your Perspective - August 16, 2016
- Avoiding Masterchef style feedback - June 16, 2016